Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunriver, Vacation, blog friends and a quilt show

Will have to first state that my camera battery died and I did not venture to a store to buy a new one. Had a great time in Sunriver for the week. Got there on Monday, rode my bike (got lost) and finally made it to see my friends that were leaving that day. Tuesday brought the pool and dinner with my cousin and her boyfriend. Wednesday was more pool time, Thursday was A VERY LONG DAY ON THE RIVER...the wind was against us and what should have taken no more than 4 hours TOPS, took almost 6 hours...so the day was all river. Friday was a very relaxing day as my mom drove home. My friend Cathy came over as she was a vendor in the Sunriver quilt show on Saturday. She and her daughter and I drove into Bend to attend Quiltworks First Friday Art Walk. What a great turn out...I do not have any pics, but Anna from Woolie Mammoth did it justice with all of her pictures. I was thrilled to meet Anne from Cottens-n-wool. I was surprised as she indicated she would be out of town, but she was there...such a nice lady. Then we went off to downtown Bend...what a busy place. We ended the week doing a vendor booth for my friend, Cathy's hand dyed wool at the Sunriver Quilt show. She makes some beautiful colors.

Today is a day to clean out the car, a fast trip to OMSI as it is adult $2.00 day - the first Sunday of every month is for adults only and is only $2.00 to get in...then its back to work tomorrow.

I bought some fabric and the WONDERFUL Primative Quilt magazine...I will be working on projects this week during my breaks and lunch and then hope to start on the halloween wall hanging on page 58 of that book!

My goal is to blog more! I sure hope I can.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment