Friday, February 7, 2014

Snow in Portland

Nothing says Chaos more than the anticipation of snow in the Portland Metro area.  Our news people had been talking about snow, earlier in the week for this coming Saturday....ok....no problem...I can still get to Bend to First Friday at Quiltworks and see all of Ann's work- from Cotton and Wool..( I can't remember how to get her blog link here).as the week progressed, there were threats of ice on Saturday...ok...still no problem...if I can get over the mountain, Central Oregon is a breeze as they are prepared for this type of weather..

Well...Wednesday night the forecast changed to snow on Thursday, Friday AND Saturday....so I cancelled my trip...knowing that even if I could get over the mountain on Friday - getting home might be a concern...so...with that....I will wait to see Ann's work.

Here is a photo from this morning.  We have been having high winds, so in some area's, there is no snow, or very little snow, but then in our back yard and driveway, there is.  All I know is that in Portland, the roads become grid locked....took my husband 2 hours to get home from work and he only travels 9 miles one  way.  Took my co-worker 3.5 hours to get home.  I was smart and left early - as I dropped my son off at school - thinking that the snow was not to start til the afternoon.  I left at 11:15 - was to his school at 11:30 and then we were home by noon...and I stopped at the store.  Whew...dodged that mess.

I will just work from home for a couple of hours and then putter around the house and continue stitching on the Flowers quilt that I am working on with a couple of friends.

As you can see, it is not a lot of snow, but enough to shut the city down - and that it did.  LOL

Have a great weekend.  I am off until Tuesday (well...once I do about 3 hours of work)



1 comment:

  1. Michelle, thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment...Spring will arrive, I hope sooner rather than later...Sending greetings from Maine, Julie...

    ReplyDelete